Vaping: Facts, Side Effects, and Ugly Truth
Vaping can be defined as the activity of breathing in and breathing out the vapor produced by heating e-liquid through an electrical device called an e-cigarette or other vaping devices. E-cigarettes (e-cigarettes, or vaping) is an electronic device that simulates tobacco smoking, they have cartridges filled with a liquid that usually contains nicotine, solvents, and chemical flavors and it can be refillable or replaceable. Vaping is an abbreviated form of “evaporation” when the liquid gets heated; it converts into vapor, which the person inhales, which is why e-cigarettes are called “vaping.”
The E-liquid used in vaping devices is made of substances like – Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), Food Flavoring, and Nicotine (optional, depending on your choice).
- It was introduced in the US market in 2007, and it increased in popularity with the rise of e-cigarettes.
- Altria Group, British American Tobacco, and Imperial Brands are the top e-cigarette brands in the world in 2019.
- E-cigarette starter kits can cost you from $ 15 to $ 50, and e-juice prices can range from $ 5 to $ 20 depending on the size and quality of the juice.
- Vaping has helped millions of smokers to quit the addiction to smoking cigarettes.
What are the Side-Effects of Vaping?
The vaping trend has just begun, and you cannot analyze it in such a short period of time as to how it affects you or will, but there is evidence that the chemicals in these products can be dangerous to your body. Nicotine has cancer-causing properties, and many medical experts have reported severe lung disease in people who vape, which has also led to some deaths.
Vaping puts nicotine into the body, which is highly addictive and can slow the brain growth of teens. It can also affect your self-control, concentration, attention, mood, memory, and learning.
- Compared to smoking, vaping is slightly safer, but it cannot be called completely safe.
- E-cigarettes or vaping can be as addictive as the traditional ones.
- The new generation is becoming addicted to nicotine with electronic cigarettes.
Ugly Truth of Vaping
- Companies are spending billions on aggressive marketing to promote these products.
- Almost all middle and high school students have been exposed to e-cigarette advertisements.
- E-cigarettes are the easiest way of tobacco use by children and adolescents, resulting in more than 3,500 youth starting vaping every day.
- In America alone, approximately 570,000 middle school students and 3.05 million high school students started using e-cigarettes in the year 2018.
- Many youths say that they start using e-cigarettes due to their appealing flavors.
Vaping is still a debatable topic because there are so many people without any real data agreed with the fact that vaping is safer than smoking, and many still consider this as addictive as a traditional cigarette. If you do not smoke, you should not vape, but nowadays many teenagers are fascinated to use it. It is not a good thing to indulge in an expensive habit that will not give you any real benefit.